For most of us, an idyllic day on the water is not when we’re thinking more, but when we’re thinking less. Finding that state of fishing in the moment, where instinct and experience bring us to an almost zen-like awareness of each
subtle motion and movement—that’s what R8 CORE is all about. It’s not a race or a competition, but a state we all aim to reach out on the water.
With R8 CORE we enhance that two-way connection from hand to fly and back for greater feel, flow and control. This Amplified Two-Way Feedback Loop, due to our new axial fiber formulation, allows you to feel when the power needs to be applied throughout the cast, presentation, and when applying the appropriate pressure to fish - ultimately giving you the angler Complete Control.
R8 CORE is focused on maximum versatility and applies new revolutionary
material technology through our forward-thinking lens of what we’re seeing
out on the water, where one rod needs to show even greater range. At its core,
R8 CORE traces a direct lineage to Sage’s multi-application vision, one shaped by the fishing evolutions happening all around us—from habitats we stalk and waters we frequent, to the flies we fish and the diversity of species we now target.
- Effortless Energy Transfer and More Connected Feel
- Maximized Versatility & Control
- Made to Fish, Not Just Cast
- Revolution 8 Technology
- Silver Pine blank color
- Slate primary thread wraps with graduated White and Grey trim
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides with hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Black rod bag with new cord lock for quicker, easier, and cleaner storage
- Aluminium rod tube with Sage medallion
3wt - 6wt
- Sustainable Ziricote wood insert with anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Premium Flor grade snub-nose half-wells cork handle
5wt - 9wt
- Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat
- Premium Flor grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper