Equipped with a high-performance blank (Graphite IIIe), the FOUNDATION has a fast action providing excellent casting power and effortless control. It’s the very foundation of what defines a Sage rod – Performance - taking your game to another level.
Whether you are a guide on the Madison or exploring your backyard waters, the FOUNDATION series delivers the signature Sage feel.
For over 35 years we’ve built performance rods one at a time on Bainbridge Island, WA. The same 27 sets of skilled hands that craft all Sage rods construct the FOUNDATION.
- Handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, USA
- Graphite IIIe Technology
- Stealth Black blank color; Black primary wraps with silver trim wraps
- Ceramic stripper guides; Hard chrome snake guides and tip-top
- Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Snub nose cork handle with fighting butt on saltwater weights
- Rugged black nylon rod tube with divided liner